I believe that we are the neighbourhood with the greatest number of primary schools, high schools and even Cégeps, several Cégeps both public and private. There is certainly an interesting range of education facilities.
(Résidents en amour avec leur quartier, CIBL, 12:50 to 13:02)
Map of the borough
Discover our neighbourhoods and browse the map to learn more about the quality of nearby services.
and New Residential Projects
In our boroughs, the real estate supply is varied. There are a number of new residential projects of all sizes, and with so many existing homes for sale, there's so much to choose from!
The borough Ahuntsic-Cartierville at a glance
Some facts and figures
- 20,385 families with children (ranking third in Montréal)
- More than a third of the borough’s households are households with children
- Nearly one hundred parks and playgrounds, 2 nature parks
- 9 community gardens
- 5 pools, 7 wading pools, 8 water fountain parks
- 3 public libraries, 1 maison de la culture and 2 cultural venues
- 80 community and recreational organisations
- 5 youth centres
- 3 arenas
- 14 outdoor ice-skating rinks
The Ahunstic-Cartierville borough was one of the first regions on the island of Montréal to be inhabited by Europeans. Bordered by the Rivière des Prairies, it has an enviable geographical location with fabulous properties on the riverfront. Its streets that run between Henri-Bourassa and Gouin boulevards are lined with the complete range of housing types that are typical of Montréal: heritage homes, 1960s bungalows, plexes and apartment buildings, there are housing solutions for all tastes! Well located from a residential perspective, the borough also boasts a shopping centre of regional importance. Among its many green spaces, the Parc de la Visitation is a true gift to families. Sports enthusiasts are not deprived either. Swimming pools, arenas and sports centres are found throughout the borough. Moreover, how many urban centres have Olympic amenities like the Complexe sportif Claude-Robillard? In Ahunstsic-Cartierville, one does not lack for peacefulness and quality of life.
The neighbourhoods in this borough
Sault-au-Récollet, André-Grasset, Ahuntsic, Bordeaux, Cartierville, Saraguay
Things to do
- Cartierville Y Centre: new 88,000 sq. ft. Sports complex.
- L’île Perry (île aux Fesses)
- Parc-nature de l'Île-de-la-Visitation
- Complexe Claude-Robillard, a unique Olympic installation in Canada
- Marché central de Montréal
- Promenade Fleury
- FestiBlues international de Montréal
- Cultural tours
- Church of La Visitation-de-la-Bienheureuse-Vierge-Marie
- Hôpital Sacré-Cœur de Montréal
- NCO Financial Services
- Banque Laurentienne
- Reitmans Canada
- Collège Ahuntsic
- Hôpital général Fleury
- Hôpital Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci
- Établissement de détention de Montréal
- Buffalo Jeans
- Fonds de Solidarité de la F.T.Q.
A few words about the area
“I believe that we are the neighbourhood with the greatest number of primary schools, high schools and even Cégeps, several Cégeps both public and private. There is certainly an interesting range of education facilities.” (Résidents en amour avec leur quartier, CIBL, 12:50 to 13:02)