The Lachine Rapids are without a doubt the most impressive among Montréal’s natural attractions and the least known.
- Jean-Benoît Nadeau, dans Le goût de Montréal, p.43
Map of the borough
Discover our neighbourhoods and browse the map to learn more about the quality of nearby services.
and New Residential Projects
In our boroughs, the real estate supply is varied. There are a number of new residential projects of all sizes, and with so many existing homes for sale, there's so much to choose from!
The borough Lachine at a glance
Some facts and figures
- 37% of household are with children
- 40,6% are owners occupants against 59.4% tenant
- 28 parks or mini-parks
- 3 collective community gardens
- 1 cultural centre
- 4 outdoor pools and 1 indoor pool
- 6 community centres
- 2 public libraries and 1 museum
- 2 arenas and outdoor skating rings
Recognized for the quality of life and the many cultural and leisure activities it offers, the Borough of Lachine is where many young families hope to live. New constructions, recycled buildings or social housing, everyone can make their dream come true without breaking the bank. Lachine is a showcase of heritage architectural gems and is an outstanding living environment located close to downtown Montréal. Its shoreline and lakefront parks are perfect for families pursuing outdoor activities and for fans of nautical sports. Come to Lachine for stunning panoramic views and an incomparable setting for leisure activities.
Neighbourhoods in this borough
- Old Lachine
Things to do
- Lachine Canal (Wikipedia)
- Lachine Canal (Parks Canada)
- Lachine Canal (Cycle path)
- Rue Notre-Dame
- Lachine Market
- Lachine Museum
- Les Concerts de Lachine
- Lachine Marina
- Rolls Royce (Canada)
- United Parcel Service du Canada
- Centre de réadaptation Lisette-Dupras
- Arrondissement de Lachine
- Simard Transport
- MAAX Division Lachine
- Services logistiques Trans-West
- Logistique HBC
- Cad Railway Services
- Transport Canpar S.E.C.
- Canlyte Inc.
- Nellson Nutraceutique Canada Inc.
- Maison-mère des Soeurs de Sainte-Anne
- Centre de santé et des Services sociaux de Dorval, Lachine, Lasalle
A few words about the area
“The Lachine Rapids are without a doubt the most impressive among Montréal’s natural attractions and the least known.” (Jean-Benoît Nadeau, in Le gout de Montréal, p.43)
“We’ve had a policy on families for 20 years. For example, we subsidize the cost of registering with community organizations for sports or cultural activities. This means that a child in Lachine can play hockey for $85 a year while the cost is between $300 and $350 elsewhere.” (CIBL, 101.5 Montréal)
Other useful links
- More facts and figures (in French)
- Housing profile (in French)
- Journal Le Messager Lachine – Dorval
- Guided tour of the borough
- Snapshot of the borough (Wikipedia)