Children play and run behind a ball. Two young Italians lie underneath a tree. They joke with three young girls wearing summer dresses and sitting on a bench, two of them with their baby. Two seniors sitting at a table are reading a newspaper that they share. I see on my horizon a place that lacks for nothing.
Map of the borough
Discover our neighbourhoods and browse the map to learn more about the quality of nearby services.
and New Residential Projects
In our boroughs, the real estate supply is varied. There are a number of new residential projects of all sizes, and with so many existing homes for sale, there's so much to choose from!
The borough Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension at a glance
Some facts and figures
- Close to 39% of the borough’s households have children
- Households are relatively younger than households in Montréal as a whole – 25.3% are less than 35 years old.
- 155 green spaces including 61 parks and one large park
- 7 community gardens
- 6 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, 11 wading pools and 4 water playgrounds
- 75 community and recreational organisations
- 3 libraries, 1 maison de la culture
- 2 arenas
- 15 ice skating rinks for sports or free skating
The Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension borough offers a unique living environment with its streets lined with large trees and its generous green spaces. Its commercial streets are at the heart of true urban villages. The latter are home to people of various cultural backgrounds who enjoy mixing and rubbing shoulders together. Though the borough’s housing stock is largely composed of plexes, it is also possible to find quaint sectors with single-family homes. The borough features three public libraries, a Maison de la culture, several sports and leisure amenities and much more. Overall, it is a perfect urban setting to raise a family.
The neighbourhoods in this borough
- Parc Jarry
- La Tohu
- Stade Uniprix
- Le Taz
- Casa d’Italia
- La Maison des Grands-Parents de Villeray
- Complexe environnemental Saint-Michel
- Pearless Clothing Inc.
- Cirque du Soleil
- Hôpital Jean-Talon
- Intro Sécurité
- Société des transports de Montréal (Center of adapted transport)
- Van Houtte
- Manufacturing of nylon Doris Itée.
A few words on the area
“Children play and run behind a ball. Two young Italians lie underneath a tree. They joke with three young girls wearing summer dresses and sitting on a bench, two of them with their baby. Two seniors sitting at a table are reading a newspaper that they share. I see on my horizon a place that lacks for nothing.” [Translation] (Patrick Straram, in Montréal en prose, p.372).
“We feel at home, in Canada and in Québec at the same time. It’s wonderful!” (CIBL (Saint-Michel), 8:48 à 8:55)
Other useful links
- Some facts and figures (in French only)
- Housing statistical profile (in French only)
- Journal de Saint-Michel (Local newspaper)
- Le Progrès Villeray-Parc-Extension (Local newspaper)
- Journal communautaire Le Monde (Local newspaper)
- Nouvelles Parc-Extension News (Local newspaper)
- Vivre dans Parc-Extension (Article in La Presse)
- Snapshot of the borough (Wikipedia)